Harry opened it with trembling fingers. Inside was a large, sticky chocolate cake with Happy Birthday Harry written on it in green icing. (Philosopher’s UK 40 US 48)
On July 25, 36 Eggs hosted a Harry Potter Birthday Feast to celebrate the Chosen One’s upcoming birthday. Only HP fans were allowed — plus ones were BANNED if they hadn’t read the books or at least watched the movies. We asked everyone to bring an HP treat to share, and the guests all stepped up their game. There was a truly staggering amount of food.
- Sausage & steak by Glennis and Thomas — we are trying to steal Glennis’s recipes, because this was some good, good meat.
- Shepherd’s pie by Sara C.
- Kreacher’s French onion soup with toast by Joe & Shannon. (I am sad I didn’t get a photo of this one, I enjoyed it so.)
- Roast parsnips and sprouts by Sarah H.
- Crumpets with jam and marmalade by Ramona
- Pumpkin Pasties (savory and sweet) by Jenn F. and Michael
- Chocolate Frogs by Chelsie
- Harry’s first birthday cake by Melissa
- Trifle by Jennifer L.
- Apple pie by Janet
- Pumpkin juice by Melissa
- Gillywater by Howie. The recipe: 2-liter bottle of Korean barley iced tea, 2 limes, a few slices of fresh ginger, 2/3 cup sugar, 1 can grass jelly. Heat 1.5 cups water. Add sugar and ginger to make ginger-infused simple syrup. Add syrup to iced tea. Squeeze juice from 2 limes into tea, and chill. Cube grass jelly. Serve tea with grass jelly and ice.
- Patronus drink by Sarah M.
- Some more British snacks from Sarah M., just for funsies
Friends and fellow HP fans, we are lucky to know you.